Last updated December 16, 2023
Beth Whitney, d/b/a Beth Whitney Studio values data security and your privacy. I collect only information that allows me to serve you better. I will not sell, trade, or abuse any information you submit.
- “Account” means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- “Affiliate” means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- “Company” (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Beth Whitney Studio, PO Box 43, Westbrook, ME 04098.
- “Cookies” are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- “Country” refers to: Maine, United States
- “Device” means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- “Personal Data” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- “Service” refers to the Website.
- “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of Beth Whitney Studio. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by Beth Whitney Studio to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of Beth Whitney Studio, to perform services related to the Service or to assist Beth Whitney Studio in analyzing how the Service is used.
- “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- “Website” refers to Beth Whitney Studio, accessible from <https://www.bethwhitneystudio.com>
“You” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or Beth Whitney Studio, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Information Collection & Use
We collect information to provide you with the best Service possible.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to email address, first and last name, phone number, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, and country.
- Purchases – When you purchase a product or service from the Website or subscribe to email newsletters, you voluntarily provide us with information about yourself and your practices. This includes your email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, and optional account information like username and password. We may use this information to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Account – If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
- Comments – When you leave comments or reviews on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. This information you share may be public depending on where you share it. If shared on a social media site on which we operate, your data will also be subject to the policies of that site.
- Media – If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Marketing – We may send you marketing messages, newsletters, or other information that may be of use to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided at the bottom of any email we send. If, after opting out, you continue to receive emails from us, please contact us immediately. We never want to send email to someone who doesn’t want it.
Security Logs – The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 60 days.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. It may include information such as your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, operating system, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or access it through a mobile device.
Cookies & Tracking Data
- Comments – If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Login – If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Products you’ve viewed – We’ll use this to show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Shipping address – We’ll ask you to enter this so we can estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order.
If you are uncomfortable with the collection of such information, we encourage you to update the settings in your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, please note that if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Use of Your Personal Data
Beth Whitney Studio may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our products and services
- To notify you about changes to our products and services
- To allow you to participate in optional interactive features of our Site
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our products and services
- To monitor the usage of our service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
What We Share With Others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you. This may include, but may not be limited to, analytics, marketing, payment gateways, shipping providers, and third party embeds:
This site utilizes caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary, and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary. We may use QUIC.cloud services to process & cache your data temporarily.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Beth Whitney Studio may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- Payments must be processed
- The law requires it
Retention of Your Personal Data
laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Beth Whitney Studio will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at Beth Whitney Studio’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to delete or request that we assist in deleting the Personal Data that we have collected about you. You may update, amend, or delete your information at any time by signing in to your Account, if you have one, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage your personal information. You may also contact us to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, Beth Whitney Studio may be legally required to disclose your Personal Data in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Beth Whitney Studio may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
* Comply with a legal obligation
* Protect and defend the rights or property of Beth Whitney Studio
* Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
* Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
* Protect against legal liability
California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA) “Do Not Track”
Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Security of Your Personal Data
This Site is part of a network of websites that protect against distributed brute force attacks. To enable this protection, the IP address of visitors attempting to log into the site is shared with a service provided by SolidWP. The security of your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Beth Whitney Studio does not market to nor seek to serve anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Websites
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By using the Contact Form
- By postal mail: PO Box 43, Westbrook, ME 04098